School Transport

The majority of students come to school by bus and we encourage this as part of our school travel plan.

Those students who live in our linked areas qualify for free transport which is authorised by the Local Authority. The school has no control over which bus your son/daughter is allocated. This is usually selected on the basis of your address.

Bus Pass Scheme for Non-entitled Students
Those students who do not qualify for a free bus pass but want to travel on the link area buses will need a Non-entitled Student Bus Pass. Non-entitled Student Bus Passes are bus passes for linked area buses that have to be paid for, as you do not live in our linked area or are not entitled to a free bus pass for example Post 16 students.

Non-entitled Student Bus Pass forms can be obtained from ITMU School Transport on 01604 364388 or by writing to ITMU School Transport, Northamptonshire County Council, Riverside House, Riverside Way, Bedford Road, Northampton, NN1 5NX.

Lost, forgotten or damaged bus passes
When a student forgets his/her pass they must come to Student Services at break or lunchtime to collect a temporary pass for that evening, otherwise the driver will not let them travel. If students lose their bus pass, they must come to the office as soon as possible for a temporary pass which is valid for a couple of days, while they look for it.

The charge for a replacement bus pass from September 2019 for entitled statutory age students is £25.00 if it is lost or damaged.

Please apply online here

Students wanting to go to friends in another village after school must make private arrangements with parents and not use the school buses.


East and West Hunsbury and is administered by the finance team at the school. Please contact Donna MacManus for more information on regarding availability and cost. Places are limited as this is only a 16 seater minibus. 


Hanslope and Castlethorpe  - This administered by the finance team at the school. Please contact Donna MacManus on  for more information regarding availability and cost.

Post 16 Student Travel Scheme

Any Year 11 students returning to EWS 6th Form or Year 12 students returning to Year 13 who wish to guarantee a seat on school transport will need to complete an application form and return to Northamptonshire County Council.

Please use the links shown to download a copy of the application form and guidance notes.

Post 16 Students Travel Scheme 

Travel for cross site courses – Post-16

To enable a wider provision of subjects at Post-16 for students on each campus we share some subjects across the two sites. To do this we provide transport for the students between the two sites and have a contract with coach providers who are local authority approved. Currently this movement of students takes place during the school day at break time and also at lunchtime. We do ensure that students are back on their home site for their end of school travel. The travel between the two sites is funded by the school.

If you are in any doubt as to whether you qualify for free school transport, please telephone the school office at the North Campus on 01604 862125 or ITMU School Transport at the Local Authority (Local Education Authority) on 01604 654496.

Free school transport Check here to see if you are entitled to free school transport



The EWS bus timetables pdf can be found below.


Horton Bus only - North Site

Horton School Bus number has changed to 511 and will go to Horton, Hackleton and Piddington only.

Pick up time is 7.52am in the morning please can we ask students to be there 5 minutes before. The bus stop is exactly the same - Horton Newport Pagnell Rd/Brafield Road.

Any issues please contact School transport on 01604 364388 who will be able to help further.