Welcome to your Sixth Form Induction
The purpose of the two induction days is to allow you the opportunity to get a feel of what it is like to study in the Sixth Form at EWS. You are now embarking on a very exciting phase of your education and we wish you every success.
Transition to Sixth Form, free online course.
You will need a tutor2u free log in to access this course, please use your school email address to sign up.
Study skills resources
As part of the induction day, there were sessions on study skills
Making the most of the induction days
- Make the most of the day, get involved, find out about your chosen subjects and what it is like to study at EWS
- It is an opportunity to meet new people and do something different
- Ask lots of questions
- This will allow you to make an informed decision about your options and choices
- Go along to the taster sessions, think about the fourth option, could this be your back up plan?
- Make sure that you access your transition work and ask any questions
- Mainly enjoy it!
How to do an EPQ- A free course
Following the session introducing you to the Extended Project Qualification, you may be interested in this free online course which will help you to prepare for the EPQ. There are in-app purchase options available, however you do not need these.
Sixth Form Bursary
Thank you for your interest in the Sixth Form bursary, you can find more information on the link below. The September 2021 information will be uploaded in due course.
To prepare you for your studies in the Sixth Form each subject has set a number of tasks for you to complete. The purpose of this work is to give you an insight into the subject that you intend to study. The aim of these tasks to interest you, to motivate you to inspire you to find out more about your chosen subjects.
For guidance you should complete at least 5 tasks per subject. You can complete more!
Our courses and option blocks