The 16 to 19 Tuition Fund Statement
The purpose of this statement is to set out how Elizabeth Woodville School is planning to utilise its 16 to 19 tuition fund allocation to support students who may have had their learning disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The ESFA have made funding available to provide small group tuition for 16-19 year-olds ona study programme where their learning has been disrupted and they have a GCSE Maths and/or English grade of 4 or below at age 16. Although the support is targeted based on prior attainment in Maths/English, the funding is not limited to support in these subjects and so will be provided according to need across a variety of subjects.
Support sessions will be prioritised for the following students:
- Those with an Education, Health and Care Plan
- Those in receipt of Free School Meals or a bursary
- Those who have a grade 4 or below in GCSE Maths and/or English.
Examples of some of the Tuition Support on offer will include:
- GCSE exam re-sit preparation
- Bespoke subject support/catch-up.
Elizabeth Woodville School is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16-19 tuition fund by:
- producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students.
- publishing this guidance on the school’s website
- record the use of the fund
- deliver the tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 202/21
- notify the ESFA of any underspend from the fund for it to be reclaimed